Mrs. Frisby, a widowed mouse with four small children, must move her family to their summer quarters immediately, or face almost certain death. But her youngest son, Timothy, lies ill with pneumonia and must not be moved. Fortunately, she encounters the rats of NIMH, an extraordinary breed of highly intelligent creatures, who come up with a brilliant solution to her dilemma.
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (Rats of NIMH #1)
- Lewis Carroll Shelf Award (1972)
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award (1978)
- Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children's Book Award Nominee (1973)
- Pacific Northwest Library Association Young Reader's Choice Award (1974) ...more Boston Globe-Horn Book Award Nominee for Fiction (1971)
- Bluestem Book Award Nominee (2017)...less